I was very excited to hear from L.A. who was looking to add a number to the spot where her camper was resting.
She needed that number in order to have the deliveries know where to leave her packages.
I started with a little digital mock up.
Then, I used carbon transfer paper to transfer the image onto two wooden blocks.
I first worked on the numbers. They were to be turquoise. I use a hand rolled cone filled with paint to make sure the numbers were filled in nicely. I used DecoArt Americana in Sea Breeze. Such beautiful color!
the numbers took about a week to dry. They were dry to the touch, but acrylic paints need about 2 weeks to fully cure. I gave it a week and then started to work on flourishes.
I used Arteza Pearl Copper Gold A129 to create lacy swirls. Again, I did this with a hand rolled cone filled with paint. This is artist quality paint and it is much thicker than your regular craft paints. It was a bit harder to squeeze out of the cone. This part went much slower!
When the work was complete, I allowed it to dry for another week or so. Then, I sprayed two coats of clear polyurethane, letting it to dry thoroughly in between the coats.
And, of course, I had to add the image I sent L.A. after the signs were complete!